Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta is a creamy and cheesy dish loaded with incredible garlic flavor that’s an easy-to-make dump-and-go dinner option!
Toss another easy recipe into your crockpot for a simple yet delicious dinner, such as this Slow Cooker Potato Soup that’s made with frozen hash browns!
For a simple meal that’s packed with flavor and takes minimal effort on your part, turn to this Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta! It will feed a crowd or provide you with enough leftovers so that you don’t have to cook the next night!
This Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta slow cooks chicken breasts in a garlicky cream cheese sauce. Once cooked and shredded, the saucy meat combines with pasta for a dish that your family will beg for over and over again!
All About This Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
Taste: Your mouth will water as it anticipates each bite of this chicken pasta that’s exploding with garlicky flavor! Merging perfectly with the garlicky goodness is parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and milk.
Texture: This dish is overflowing with moist shredded chicken and tender pasta that’s covered in a creamy cheese sauce! Giving it all of the chicken alfredo texture that wraps our taste buds up with incredible comfort-style food.
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
In true Busy Family Recipe fashion (because we’re all about saving time!), this sauce is not homemade! Though if you had a homemade garlic parmesan sauce you wanted to use in this recipe, you can totally do that instead.
For the rest of us looking to save time without sacrificing flavor, we turn to a store-bought bottle! Typically, this recipe is made with Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce. However, we like it more with Sweet Baby Ray’s (affiliate link).
Sweet Baby Ray’s creates a dish that has a bit of zing yet isn’t spicy. Making it more palatable for younger children to enjoy as well!
I’ve also found that Sweet Baby Ray’s is easier to find in stores, as well as being a bit more budget-friendly! A win-win across the board!
Sop up the extra sauce with our Garlic Knots!
We usually have a quick yet mouthwatering pasta recipe like this one for dinner at least once a week! I just love how they’re filling without losing a lot of time in the evenings to prepare and cook the meal.
For a pasta dish with restaurant flavor, try out this UNO copycat recipe for Rattlesnake Pasta! You won’t be disappointed!
Crockpot Chicken Alfredo Recipe Tips
- Adding The Milk/Cream – When adding the milk or heavy cream to the crockpot, pour it into the empty sauce bottle. Then put the cover back on and shake it to loosen up any remaining sauce. Afterward, pour it into the crockpot! This allows you to get every last delicious drop of sauce while also cutting back on dirty dishes!
- Chicken Temperature – Before shredding the chicken, check to be sure the temperature of it is safe for consumption. To do so, insert a kitchen thermometer (affiliate link) into the thickest part of one of the chicken breasts. The temperature must be at least 165 degrees F to be safe for eating.
- Shred The Chicken – Shredding the chicken can be done by hand using two forks, or you can do it gently using a mixer. If you use the mixer method, use a low setting and be careful not to over-shred the chicken.
- Crockpot Temperature – You can cook this recipe on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Allow any TikTok Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta leftovers to cool, and then transfer them into an airtight container. Store the leftovers in the fridge and enjoy them for up to 3 days.
Can I Add Vegetables To This Crockpot Meal?
Yes, feel free to add frozen peas, carrots, or even broccoli. Fresh spinach mixed in would also be tasty, but I would add it with just 30 to 45 minutes left in cooking!
Why Can’t The Pasta Just Be Cooked In The Crockpot?
Cooking the pasta in the crockpot would cause the pasta to draw in too much moisture over too long of a period. Resulting in soggy, overcooked pasta.
Are There Other Types Of Pasta That I Can Use In This Recipe?
Yes, go ahead and use what you already have on hand, or grab your favorite pasta of choice to cook up for this recipe. Farfalle, rotini, cavatappi, or even ziti would all work just fine in this recipe.
Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces Sweet Baby Ray's Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 2 cups milk or heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1½ pounds penne or pasta of choice
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Add the chicken to a crockpot and pour the garlic parmesan sauce over the top.2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, 16 ounces Sweet Baby Ray's Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Fill the empty sauce bottle up with milk or heavy cream and shake to loosen up any remaining sauce and pour it into the crockpot.2 cups milk or heavy cream
- Add the cubed cream cheese into the crockpot then sprinkle the shredded parmesan over the top.8 ounces cream cheese, 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Once the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, remove the chicken and place it on a cutting board and shred it. Add it back into the crockpot and stir everything around until well combined.
- Cook pasta until al dente according to box directions. Drain and add to the crockpot and toss to combine.1½ pounds penne
- Garnish with additional grated parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.
- This recipe is most commonly made with Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce, however, we personally enjoyed the flavor Sweet Baby Ray’s more. It is zingy but not spicy making it a bit more palatable for younger children. It’s a bit more budget-friendly and generally easier to locate. The Sweet Baby Ray’s is also egg-free for those families with egg allergies or sensitivities.
- This recipe makes a lot and should serve 8 to 10 people.
I first saw this recipe on TikTok, but I believe it was originally from Crock Pots and Flip Flops.