Ritz Cracker Chicken is a 10-minute prep dinner recipe that’s packed with delicious flavor from crushed buttery ritz crackers, spices, and seasonings! Pair it with mashed potatoes and a vegetable for an unforgettable family meal!
This Ritz Cracker Chicken will be a family favorite after having it just once! It’s flavorful, crunchy, and juicy – making it an instant crowd-pleaser!
You’ll also love it for how quick and easy it is to whip up! With just 10 minutes of easy prep and 30 minutes of baking, you’re left with a homemade meal on the table that took minimal effort on your part!
All About This Recipe For Ritz Cracker Chicken
Taste: Every bite greets your taste buds with the flavor of homemade comfort food! The buttery chicken coated in salty ritz crackers and pantry staple spices, and seasonings make for a deliciously savory meal!
Texture: Crispy ritz cracker chicken is crunchy on the outside yet mouthwateringly juicy and moist on the inside! The perfect texture combination that satisfies at dinner time!
That Delicious Cracker Coating!
We all knew that buttery, salty ritz crackers were delicious! However, this baked ritz cracker chicken recipe makes them stand out even more!
The best part is how EASY it is to make such a flavorful chicken coating! To start with, the chicken gets sprinkled with salt and pepper.
From there, it’s dipped in beaten eggs to allow the ritz cracker coating to adhere to it. Then the chicken gets its amazing ritz finish that’s made with crushed crackers, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika!
The flavor alone from the ritz cracker coating most definitely makes this recipe worth being in the weekly meal rotation!
Ritz Cracker Chicken Recipe Tips
- Crushing Crackers – To make this ritz cracker chicken breast recipe, the crackers must be crushed. This can be done by using a food processor or a Ziploc bag, and a rolling pin. When crushing the crackers, keep in mind that you don’t want cracker powder but cracker crumbs!
- Preparing – When going through the 2-step dredging process, you must prepare ahead of time. That way, you have a nice setup that makes it quick and easy to coat the chicken!
- Butter Placement – Be sure to place the butter around the chicken and not on top of it before baking! Placing it in the pan around the meat delivers super moist chicken that makes this recipe delicious!
- Baking – The baking time on this chicken will vary depending on the thickness of the breast or cut of meat that you use. Therefore, you’ll want to use a kitchen thermometer to check the internal temperature before eating. For safe eating, the temperature must be at least 165 degrees F.
How Do I Store Leftover Ritz Cracker Chicken?
Once the ritz cracker chicken has completely cooled, transfer it into an airtight container. Leftovers can then be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
What Other Cuts Of Chicken Can I Use With This Easy Ritz Cracker Chicken Recipe?
Chicken tenderloins would be a great cut to use to make ritz cracker chicken strips! After all, I find my kids are a lot quicker to eat chicken in the form of chicken tenders!
Why Can’t I Place The Butter On Top Of The Chicken When Baking?
Placing the butter on top of the chicken would interfere with the cracker crumbs that coat the meat. It could prevent it from browning properly, which may cause us to lose out on some of the crunchy coating!
Ritz Cracker Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup unsalted butter small diced
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the salt and pepper, set aside.4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the eggs in a medium-sized shallow bowl and beat well with a fork, set aside.2 large eggs
- Place the crushed crackers, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika in a medium-sized shallow bowl and stir to combine.1½ cups crushed Ritz crackers, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon paprika
- Dip the chicken into the egg and coat it, let any excess egg drip off. Place the chicken into the cracker crumb mixture and press the crumbs in on both sides. Place the chicken into the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Take ¼ cup of the leftover cracker mixture and sprinkle it on top of the chicken. Place the diced butter around the chicken, not directly on top.½ cup unsalted butter
- Bake for 30 minutes, check for an internal temperature of 165°F, if it is not done, put it back in until an internal temperature reaches 165°F. Cook time will vary on how big the chicken is. Garnish with parsley, optional, and serve immediately.Fresh chopped parsley