Grab this recipe for Apple Lemonade as our summer days give way to the cool breezes of Fall! Made with homemade lemonade and apple cider!
Summer Meets Fall With This Apple Lemonade Recipe!
Make the transition to Fall weather with this sweet, crisp Apple Lemonade! The cross between citrusy lemonade and juicy apple cider creates a perfectly refreshing sip!
You know those first few days of fall when you’re still clinging to summer? When the days still randomly turn out to be hot, yet there’s a chill in the breeze? Well, those are the days that this Apple Lemonade is meant for!
Though it’s so crisp and delicious that it’d be great to enjoy all summer AND fall long!
Apple Lemonade Ingredients
- 5 Small Lemons
- Granulated Sugar
- Cold Water
- Apple Cider
- Lemon Slices for garnish
- Cinnamon Sticks for garnish
This Apple Lemonade Recipe is a great excuse to visit your favorite apple orchard to get a jug of homemade apple cider! The fresh crispness you get from a local jug will add the perfect flavor to this lemonade!
However, if you don’t have an orchard nearby, store-bought apple cider will do just fine!
Substitutions & Variations
- Roasted Lemons – I highly recommend trying this recipe with Roasted Homemade Lemonade! Roasting the lemons is an easy step that adds so much wonderful flavor to the overall drink!
- Pulp – Feel free to make this recipe with or without pulp! To make it without pulp, follow the recipe instructions for straining the lemon juice through a fine mesh strainer. For lemonade with pulp, skip straining the lemon juice!
- Simple Syrup – The homemade simple syrup can be replaced by stirring in 1 cup of granulated sugar and adding an additional cup of water.
- Adult Cocktail – Add vodka, gin, or bourbon to this Apple Lemonade for an adult variation!
How To Make Roasted Lemonade
All it takes is some oven time to make this Apple Lemonade with roasted lemons! The majority of this process is hands-off time, making it an easy way to add a great depth of flavor to this Apple Lemonade!
How To Roast Lemons In The Oven
Step 1: Prepare a baking dish by lining it with parchment paper and setting it aside.
Step 2: Wash the lemons and then slice them in half. Place the washed lemons into the baking dish.
Step 3: Roast the lemons in a preheated oven and then remove them to cool before using. Once they’ve cooled, continue following the instructions to make the homemade lemonade.
How To Make Apple Lemonade
Step 1: Use a citrus press to squeeze the juice out of the lemons and into a measuring cup. Then, strain the freshly squeezed juice through a fine mesh sieve to remove the pulp.
Step 2: Stir the granulated sugar together with water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-second intervals until the sugar has fully dissolved to make simple syrup. Be sure to stir between each interval!
Step 3: Add the lemon juice, simple syrup, water, and apple cider to a large pitcher. Stir to combine.
Step 4: Serve over ice and garnish with a lemon slice and cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Storage Instructions For Apple Lemonade
Store Apple Lemonade in a pitcher, airtight container, or in a glass jar with a lid. Keep it in the fridge to enjoy for 5 to 7 days.
It’s best to store this with a lid as it will help to preserve it for longer. However, if your pitcher or container doesn’t have a lid, you can tightly cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Apple Lemonade FAQs
Can I make this Apple Lemonade with storebought lemonade?
Though the Homemade Lemonade does provide this beverage with lots of flavor, you can make this recipe with store-bought lemonade if you’d like.
Since the storebought lemonade comes sweetened, I recommend combining the lemonade with the apple cider and then sweetening it to taste.
How can I make this Apple Lemonade Sweeter?
You can add more simple syrup, stir in granulated sugar, or add honey or maple syrup.
Can I freeze the lemonade concentrate to make this apple lemonade later?
Yes! To freeze the lemonade concentrate, squeeze the lemons and then strain if desired. Afterward, mix the simple syrup with the freshly squeezed lemon juice and store it in a freezer-safe container.
Store the lemonade concentrate in the freezer to use within 4 to 6 months. When you’re ready to make this Apple Lemonade, just thaw it in the fridge before enjoying it!
What is apple cider?
Apple cider is apple juice that is raw, unfiltered, and unsweetened.
Can I make sugar-free apple lemonade?
I haven’t tried this, but feel free to give it a shot! To do so, omit the simple syrup and instead add one cup of water. And just make sure you use a cider with no sugars added.
- 1 cup lemon juice about 5 small lemons
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups water divided
- 3 cups apple cider
- lemon slices for garnish
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
Optional Roasting Step
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a 9×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. Wash the 5 to 8 lemons, then slice them in half and place them in the baking dish. Roast the lemons for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the lemons cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemons with a citrus press to get 1 cup lemon juice. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove pulp if desired.
- Add ½ cup granulated sugar and ½ cup of the 3 cups water to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring between each one until the sugar has fully dissolved to make simple syrup.
- Add the lemon juice, simple simple, remaining water, and 3 cups apple cider to a large pitcher.
- Serve over ice and garnish with a lemon slice and cinnamon stick.