Easy Chocolate Pie is a simple no-bake recipe that’s made with only 5 ingredients for a sweet and creamy dessert that will quickly disappear! Prep this chocolaty pie in just 15 minutes!
This No Bake Chocolate Pie with Oreo crust is the perfect dessert to wow everyone with this holiday season! It’s creamy, chocolaty, and just the right amount of sweetness, leaving you with a strong desire to snag a second slice!
However, once the holidays are behind us, don’t leave this pie with them! Bring it with you into spring and summer since this chilled dessert would also make a tasty way to cool down on a warm day!
What I Love About This No-Bake Chocolate Pie Recipe!
- Toppings! Dress your slice up with homemade whipped cream, additional chocolate bar pieces, chocolate chips, toffee, Oreo crumbs, chocolate sprinkles, and even crushed candy canes!
- Choose Your Crust! I made this pie with an Oreo crust but feel free to also make it with a graham cracker crust or a shortbread crust!
- No Bake! I love a good, effortless no bake dessert! Especially around the holidays when it frees up the oven space and time that’s needed for other treats!
- Easy Ingredients! Made with only 5 store-bought ingredients!
No Bake Chocolate Pie Ingredient Notes
Meet your new go-to Chocolate Pie Recipe that comes with a short and sweet list of ingredients! To make this chocolaty pie, you’ll need the following:
- Chocolate Crust – I used a premade Oreo crust, which did NOT disappoint! SO good!
- Milk Chocolate Bars – I made this recipe using Hershey’s bars. However, if you want a deeper chocolate flavor, you could use bakers chocolate, Lindt, or Ghirardelli.
- Marshmallows – You can use mini marshmallows or large marshmallows!
- Whole Milk – This pairs with the chocolate to go through the melting process. Creating perfectly smooth chocolate!
- Whipping Cream – Once it’s whipped using a mixer, this becomes whipped cream!
When it comes time to enjoy a creamy slice of this dessert, I highly recommend finishing it off with Perfect Homemade Whipped Cream! It’s made with only 3 ingredients in 5 minutes and deliciously pushes this pie over the top!
How To Make This No Bake Chocolate Pie
- Add the broken-up chocolate bars into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Then pour the milk over the top.
- Heat in the microwave at intervals until the chocolate mixture becomes smooth.
- Add in the marshmallows and heat again until they are fully melted.
- Cool the mixture on the counter, stirring occasionally.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cooled melted chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the pie crust.
- Cool the pie in the refrigerator before enjoying it! Add additional toppings right before serving if you’d like!
No Bake Chocolate Pie Variations & Substitutions
- You could use a regular graham cracker crust. This would give it a lovely s’mores flavor.
- You can use chocolate chips instead of chocolate bars.
- Add 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract to the filling for a chocolate peppermint pie.
- Add 1 teaspoon of espresso powder to the melted chocolate and stir well before adding the marshmallows and whipped cream.
- Serve completely covered in whipped cream for an easy no bake chocolate cream pie.
No Bake Chocolate Pie FAQs
How To Store This No Bake Hershey Pie
Cover the pie tightly with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator. Enjoy it for up to 3 to 4 days!
How Long Does The Chocolate Mixture Take To Cool In The Refrigerator?
I found that it took me about 30 to 40 minutes for the mixture to cool. But it can take up to 1 hour.
Can I Use A Double Boiler Instead Of Using The Microwave?
You sure can! We just found the microwave method to be the easiest!
What Can I Use Instead Of Milk Chocolate Bars?
If you need to, you can substitute 1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips in for the chocolate bars. Or you could even enjoy this No Bake Chocolate Pie recipe by using dark chocolate bars!
No Bake Chocolate Pie
- 1 (9-inch) Oreo crust storebought
- 9 ounces milk or dark chocolate bars I used Hershey’s
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 2½ cups mini marshmallows 16-20 large marshmallows
- 1 cup whipping cream
- whipped cream optional topping
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, place the broken chocolate bars and pour the milk over the top of the chocolate.
- Microwave one minute, then stir and microwave at 15-second intervals until the chocolate and milk are smooth.
- Add the marshmallows and microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring between each, until marshmallows are fully melted and incorporated.
- Let the mixture cool on the counter, stirring occasionally, until room temperature. Or, to cool faster, place in the refrigerator, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes until room temperature, about 1 hour. Keep an eye on it, so it doesn't solidify.
- Once the mixture is at room temperature, whip the cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the melted chocolate until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
- Cool for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator before serving. Add whipped cream on top before serving, if desired.
- Storage: Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
- It is VERY important that you don’t add the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture until the chocolate is cooled completely. If the chocolate is still warm, the pie will not set.
- It took me about 30-40 minutes for the mixture to cool in the refrigerator.
The melting can be done over a double boiler instead of in the microwave.
- What are optional toppings? Homemade whipped cream, additional chocolate bar pieces, chocolate chips, toffee, Oreo crumbs, chocolate sprinkles, crushed candy canes.
- What are substitutions I can make? Crust: try graham cracker crust for a s’mores pie or shortbread crust. Chocolate: substitute milk chocolate bars with 1 ½ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate bars.