Movie Night Snack Mix piles muddy buddies into a bowl with your favorite theater snacks like popcorn, Milk Duds, Buncha Crunch, and M&Ms! Mix up a batch to enjoy in just 10 minutes!
End the busy week by gathering your family around everyone’s favorite movie while munching on this Movie Night Snack Mix! Everyone reconnects with quality time while enjoying a delicious and easy-to-make treat!
Nothing makes a good movie better than an irresistible snack filled with salty and sweet flavors! A big bowl of this mix is overflowing with popcorn, muddy buddies, and classic theatre candy!
All About This Movie Night Snack Mix
Taste: Easy movie night snacks like this one that has a variety of flavors are easily always a crowd favorite! In this mix, you’ll find a taste of salt that’s matched with sweetness!
It’s then polished off with some nuttiness from Reese’s Pieces, chocolate-covered peanuts, and peanut M&Ms.
Texture: As satisfying as this snack is with its flavor, its texture makes it even more enjoyable! Each crunchy bite is filled with popcorn, muddy buddies, and chocolate candy, as well as chewy milk duds!
Customize Your Snack Mix Or Do A Pantry Dump!
What I love about making movie night snacks at home is how you can customize them! Especially with this recipe!
I’ve even done a pantry dump where I add snacks like mini pretzels or animal crackers that need to be used up. If your family has a variety of taste buds, you could even serve this mix-up individually!
To do this, I like to first put the popcorn and muddy buddy mixture into smaller bowls. Afterward, I then allow everyone to sprinkle in their candy and other add-ins that they prefer.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Popcorn – Pop your popcorn ahead of time to allow it to cool. This way, the popcorn isn’t added into the mix while hot, causing the chocolate and candy to melt.
- Pre-Measure Ingredients – Preparing the muddy buddies moves quickly since it calls for melted chocolate. For this reason, it’s best to measure the ingredients before following the recipe instructions.
- Melting Chocolate – Melt the chocolate melting wafers using the microwave or the double boiler method. The goal is to have completely smooth chocolate with no lumps without overcooking it and causing it to seize up.
- Add Or Omit – Feel free to add or omit ingredients you don’t like! After all, the best snacks for movie night are the ones that are your favorite!
More Mix-Ins For Movie Night Snack Ideas
- Popcorn – I chose to use microwave movie theatre popcorn. However, feel free to use whatever kind of popcorn you like! You could even use sweeter popcorn, such as kettle corn or caramel popcorn.
- Muddy Buddies – If you’re a fan of muddy buddies, then you know there are SO many different flavors out there! Choose your favorite flavor of muddy buddies to use in this recipe.
- Salty Choices – For a saltier flavor, you can add in peanuts, cashews, cheez-its, mini pretzels, or goldfish!
- Mix-Ins – Make this move night snack mix with your go-to theatre candy! Whoppers, sno-caps, or junior mints would be a tasty addition to this mix!
- Add A Twist Of Flavor – Toss in sweet tarts, Mike and Ike, skittles, or even gummy bears for a twist of flavor!
Can I Store Leftover Movie Night Snack Mix?
Leftover snack mix can be stored to be eaten later however, the popcorn will likely go stale. To skip out on stale popcorn, you can remove it from the mix before storing it in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.
When you’re ready to enjoy the movie night snack mix again, you can just pop more popcorn to add to the mix!
Can I Use Milk Chocolate Wafers Instead Of Dark?
Absolutely! Milk chocolate will just produce a sweeter mix.
Movie Night Snack Mix
- 4½ cups movie theater popcorn 2.75-3oz. bag
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 10 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 (3.4oz.) box instant vanilla pudding mix unprepared
- 1 (3.4oz.) box instant chocolate fudge pudding mix unprepared
- ½ cup M&Ms
- ½ cup Peanut M&Ms
- ½ cup chocolate covered peanuts
- ½ cup Buncha Crunch
- ½ cup Reese’s Pieces
- ½ cup Milk Duds
- Microwave popcorn according to package directions and allow to cool.4½ cups movie theater popcorn
- Add the Chex to a large mixing bowl.6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- Add the melting wafers to a medium bowl and microwave for 45 seconds, stir, then microwave for an additional 45 seconds. If the chocolate isn’t fully melted after stirring the second time, microwave for another 15 seconds.10 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers
- Add the melted chocolate to the bowl of cereal and gently stir with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle on the powdered vanilla and chocolate pudding mixes and toss until coated.1 (3.4oz.) box instant vanilla pudding mix, 1 (3.4oz.) box instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- Combine the muddy buddies, popcorn, and candy in a clean large bowl.½ cup M&Ms, ½ cup Peanut M&Ms, ½ cup chocolate covered peanuts, ½ cup Buncha Crunch, ½ cup Reese’s Pieces, ½ cup Milk Duds
- Milk chocolate wafers can be used if you’d prefer it sweeter.
- Feel free to omit or include any candies of your choice.