Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza has step-by-step instructions to make a chilled pizza appetizer that has a creamy ranch topping and fresh veggies! Takes only 30 minutes to prep!
Try a batch of our Bacon Egg Salad Crostini for another easy yet delicious appetizer! Thin slices of baguette are topped with a tasty egg salad topping that’s made with just 7 ingredients!
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza is a fun and easy recipe that’s filled with lots of fresh and delicious flavor! It makes the perfect snack, appetizer, or potluck dish that’s great for spring and summer occasions.
This classic summer appetizer is one a friend’s mother made a lot growing up, and chances are you’ve probably had a version of it too!
Bring a chilled batch to family reunions, cookouts, and even bridal showers or baby showers! Everyone loves a light, fresh app that’s easy to eat, so you can count on this veggie pizza to go quickly no matter what occasion you bring it to!
Taking A Bite Of This Crescent Roll Vegetable Pizza
Taste: Your first bite of this veggie pizza certainly won’t be your last! The combination of the buttery crescent roll pizza crust, tangy ranch cream cheese topping, and fresh, crisp veggies make for a taste that you’ll find irresistible!
Texture: Not only is this pizza loaded with flavor, but it’s also packed with lots of tasty textures as well! The crunchy, crisp veggies sit on a thick creamy ranch topping that’s all held on a firm, flaky crescent roll base!
Choose Your Toppings!
The best part about enjoying pizza is choosing your own toppings! And that’s exactly what you can do with this veggie pizza.
We really love making this Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza with red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, sliced chives, broccoli, and carrots. However, you can tailor the toppings to your taste buds by choosing to use vegetables that you love!
Choose from a variety of fresh veggies such as tomatoes, cucumbers, cauliflower, green peppers, radishes, green onions, black olives, and even fresh mushrooms! Pick your favorite veggie combination and make your pizza exactly how you like it.
Tips To Make The Best Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- Seams – When preparing the crescent roll dough on the pan to make the pizza dough, you want to focus on the seams of the dough. Make sure to really push and pinch the perforations together to get a good seal. This will ensure the pizza dough remains one big piece until cutting and serving.
- Pricking – Once the dough is on the baking pan with the seams closed, use a fork to prick the crescent roll dough all over. Doing so will prevent big air bubbles from forming as it bakes.
- Cooling – Allow the crescent roll dough to cool completely before topping it with the ranch seasoning cream cheese mixture. If not, the warm crescent roll will cause the mixture to become runny, leading to soggy pizza dough.
- Toppings – Be cautious of wet vegetables such as cucumbers and tomatoes when choosing toppings. I’d recommend using wet vegetables only if you plan to eat the pizza right away, as the moisture from them will eventually cause the pizza to turn soggy.
- Chill – Allow the veggie pizza to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving. This time will allow the flavors to meld together and the ranch cream cheese mixture to firm back up to make for easier cutting and serving.
- Homemade Ranch – We love making this dish with our Homemade Ranch Seasoning, but you can use a packet mix too!
Along with this veggie pizza appetizer, we’ve also found these Easy Cheeseburger Sliders to be a crowd-pleaser as well! And for a simple dinner on a busy weeknight, we almost always turn to this Creamy Tomato Pasta that’s made in just one pot!
Don’t forget dessert by whipping up a batch of these incredible Peanut Butter Truffle Cookie Bars that are made with store-bought cookie dough!
How To Store Leftover Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
Store leftovers in the refrigerator to enjoy within 3 days. Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container or tightly wrapped.
Veggie Pizza FAQs
Can I Use Reduced Fat Cream Cheese And Light Mayo In This Recipe?
Yes, feel free to use reduced-fat ingredients when making this recipe. Just keep in mind doing so may change the creamy, thicker consistency; however, it should still taste great!
Do I Have To Grate The Veggies?
No, the veggies don’t have to be grated when making this cold veggie pizza recipe. Feel free to just finely chop up the veggies if you prefer.
Can I Sprinkle The Pizza With Shredded Cheese?
Of course! Feel free to sprinkle the pizza with your choice of cheese. Shredded cheddar, Colby jack, or even cheddar cheese would all be delicious choices.
Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza
- 2 (8 oz) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- ½ cup grated broccoli
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup minced chives
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Take the 2 (8 oz) cans refrigerated crescent rolls out of their packaging and unravel both rolls onto a baking sheet (you may need to puzzle piece parts of the roll together to get it to fill the whole sheet!). Push the seams together so it forms one layer. Then prick the crescent roll dough with a fork so air bubbles do not form while baking.
- Bake the dough for about 10 minutes, then set it aside to cool.
- While the crust bakes, prepare the ½ cup grated broccoli, ½ cup grated carrots½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper, ½ cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper, and ¼ cup minced chives. set aside.
- Add the softened 16 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup mayonnaise, and 1 ounce ranch dressing mix to a stand mixer bowl and cream them together.
- Using a baking spatula, spread an even layer of the mixture onto the baked crescent roll dough.
- Cover the cream cheese layer with the grated broccoli, grated carrots, chopped bell peppers, and sliced chives.
- Wrap the top of the veggie pizza sheet with plastic wrap and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares, serve, and enjoy!