This Bacon Egg Salad Crostini recipe is an easy 30-minute appetizer that’s made with slices of baguette and a 7-ingredient egg salad topping!
These Bacon Egg Salad Crostinis are sure to impress friends and family! And while they are an impressive bite-sized snack, they’re actually super easy to make with only 10 minutes of cook time!
This crostini recipe pairs store-bought baguettes with a simple egg salad mixture to create an appetizer that will be perfect for your next gathering! Since it’s made with bacon and eggs, you could even enjoy it for brunch!
What Is A Crostini?
A Crostini is an Italian appetizer that slices up long artisan bread into diagonal pieces that are then brushed with oil and toasted. The crisp slices are then finished off with toppings such as this egg salad mixture or meats, cheeses, and even vegetables.
All About Bacon Egg Salad Crostinis
Taste: Since these crostinis are made with an egg salad and bacon mixture, it’s filled with delicious savory flavor! This flavor continues to build from the sharp taste of the scallions to the zest of radishes and is finished off with the fresh taste of dill.
Texture: Baguette slices that are baked until crisp yet remain soft on the inside hold the creamy, tender egg mixture on top! Giving each bite an irresistible texture that will have you reaching for another slice!
Recipe Tips To Make Perfect Bacon Egg Salad Crostini
- Slicing – When preparing the baguette, it’s important to slice them diagonally. Doing so will give the slices more surface area to hold the ideal amount of topping. I also find that slicing them to 1/2″ thickness makes them strong enough to hold the toppings without becoming flimsy. Ensuring that they’re an easy grab-and-go snack!
- Toasting – Keep an eye on the bread slices when you’re toasting them in the oven. You don’t want to overcook them as this would result in hard slices of baguette. The texture we’re going for with these Crostinis is to be crisp on the outside yet still slightly soft on the inside.
- Assembling – These Bacon Egg Crostinis are best served immediately. If they’re assembled too far ahead of time, you run the risk of serving soggy crostinis!
- Mix-Ins – Crostinis are an easy recipe to add mix-ins to to please your taste buds! For example, add a drop of hot sauce or chopped-up jalapeno for a spicy kick.
This appetizer is best enjoyed the same day they’re made. However, if you do have leftovers, you can transfer them to an airtight container and store them in the fridge to be eaten within 2 days.
Keep in mind the Crostini’s will become soggy over time.
How Many Crostinis Will This Recipe Make?
This recipe will yield a dozen and a half crostinis. However, this will vary based on the size of your baguette as well as the size and thickness of your slices.
Can I Just Use Store-Bought Hard Boiled Eggs?
Yes, you can use eggs from the store that are already hard boiled.
Where In The Grocery Store Do I Get A Loaf Of Baguette?
Check the bakery aisle as well as the bread aisle of your grocery store for a loaf of baguette.
Is This An Appetizer I Can Make Ahead Of Time?
You can make the components of this recipe separately, but I wouldn’t assemble them until you’re ready to serve to prevent them from getting soggy.
To make these ahead of time, mix up the egg salad mixture and then store it in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also toast the slices of baguette and then store them in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container.
Store the toasted slices at room temperature.
Bacon Egg Salad Crostinis
- 1 small baguette
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped cooked bacon
- 6 hard-cooked eggs peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced radish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon minced scallion
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F.
- On a cutting board, cut the baguette at a diagonal into 18 ½-inch thick slices.1 small baguette
- Place the slices of bread onto a large non-stick baking sheet. Brush the extra virgin olive oil on each side of the crostinis.2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Bake the slices for 6 to 9 minutes, or until slightly crisp and golden on top.
- While the crostinis are baking, place the hard-boiled eggs, bacon, mayonnaise, radish, fresh dill, green onion, and salt into a medium-sized mixing bowl and combine.¼ cup chopped cooked bacon, 6 hard-cooked eggs, ¼ cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons minced radish, 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill, 1 teaspoon minced scallion, ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the egg salad mixture onto each baked crostini and serve immediately. Garnish with additional minced dill.